Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I am feeling a bit nostalgic.

So I went down to my old house today to pick up some of my summer clothes. While I was down there I was going through my closet. I found one of my old memory boxes that I had tucked away because it was from a while ago. Mainly it was from shows from years ago. Anyway, I had this best friend about 6 years ago, she and I did shows together and that is how we meet. We were best friends for about 3 years. She was a huge part of my life and we were always together.

So I found this memory box. In it was a bunch of show scripts that I had. Also there was these things that we did. We made a scrap book for every show and put in it pictures from that show and quotes we had and favorite lines from it. It made me think of how much fun we had together and how we had lost that over some stupid fight within the group that we made.

I had become friends with another girl from the group and we got really close. And the group kind of split in half. Four with her and four with me. She fought with them over me for a while and then just gave up. I felt bad but she was doing one of the things I despise in a friend. She was putting her boyfriend before her best friends. I hate that. I always said I would never do that and I would never let a guy come between me and a friend again. Sadly it takes two to keep that from happening. And it seems to be happening again. However this time I don't have other friends to take my side and fall back on.

I think I might give these old "friends" a call or something and see if they want to hang out. We have all grown and have learned a lot. I think we can be at least civil to one another.

I say that once you have a good friend they change you in some one and you can never forget that. So I think it would be good to talk to them again and try to work things out. Even if it has been years. I like to be able to look back on my memories and be happy. However when I look back on so many good times I am sad because I think about how we never talk and how we used to be so close. It reminds me of a quote I heard somewhere. "We always thought we would look back on our tears and laugh. We never thought we would look back on our laughter and cry." I don't want that to be the way it is. I think I am going to give it a try. Both sides were wrong and we all know that. We just didn't have enough maturity to fix it then. I think we do now.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Where do I start?

    Memory box = awesome.
    I'm definitely going to have to create one of those to commemorate my first year at college.

    The maturity to recognize you were both in the wrong and being willing to step out of your comfort zone and civilly acknowledge that fact = awesome
    As good as this is for you to do, it only gets a happy ending if the other person recognizes as such as well. That's really where you need the luck.

    Quote = awesome
    I tried looking it up and finding out who originally said it, but nowhere I found online had a source. Silly internets with their source unknown.

    Yeah, basically, good luck with this, Julia. it sounds like this will be a good experience for your life path, no matter how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete