Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I ask a lot of questions.

I do ask a lot of questions. I think I do that because I really love to learn. I also want to learn what other people think. It is kind of what I do. I like to learn about people. And I am generally not happy unless I am learning something about the person I am talking to. There are a few people that I can talk to and have really meaningful conversations with that I don't really learn much about them. However that doesn't happen often.

I talk to guys way more than I talk to girls. Mainly because for some reason girls don't amuse me as much. I don't know why. Anywho, I talked to something like 5 different guys today and learned something about each one of them. 4 out of the 5 guys I talked to I meet on this fun pen pal website. It is a fun site and have gotten a lot of email pen pals and a few snail mail pen pals.

The first guy I talk to from the website is fun. He is from Washington and is nothing at all like me. He likes cars and stuff. That kind of thing I have no interest in. But we have good conversations mainly because he is someone that I can talk to about seizures. He has them too and that is how we kind of bonded. We talk everyday and he is fun to talk to.

The second guy I talk to a lot from this site. Is also very interesting. He is more like myself. He lives in PA. He likes to talk about Philosophy and Psychology and he knows what he is talking about. So that is very interesting to me. We both read an article on the differences between men car shopping and women car shopping. Then we had a very good talk about it. He asked me out today. But I don't know if I want that or not. *shrugs* We have only been talking for a few days though.

The third guy I talk to is fun. We are both addicted to this TV show Criminal Minds. We like to talk about that. We also like to talk about books. I love a guy who can talk about books and that can actually have an intelligent conversation about them. I have learned a lot about books from him. And he has good recommendations.

However the fourth guy is my favorite to talk to from this site and I talk to him the least out of all of them. He is in the army and isn't online much. It's really sad. But he emails me mostly everyday and we talk about stuff that I don't really talk about with anyone else. Every time I get an email from him I get happy. I don't know how I can feel so close to someone that I have never meet and only talk to once or twice a day. It's weird. But one thing I have learned from him is that I should really take life in a more optimistic mood. He is someone that reminds me that there is someone out there that is always having a worse day than I am. Also, he makes me not want to take people for granted. I should be happy that I have people who love me right here. And I don't have to worry about never seeing them again. I have learned the most from him and I don't think he meant to teach me these things. But he has.

The the guy that isn't from this site I meet through a friend. He is amazing and is always teaching me something new. I love that about him. We talk about books and dreams and music and school. He can always make me happy. And that is something that is hard to do. I am very lucky to have found him. He puts up with my bitching even though I know he doesn't enjoy hearing about stuff. He also reminds me that I am a strong person and gives me a virtual hug when I need it.

This blog was more for myself than for anyone to read. But feel free to leave a comment. I just like to do these to remind myself why I talk to people.

1 comment:

  1. There's learning, and there's understanding. They're both kind of related, but I think the latter is by far more important. You can know everything about a person, but if you don't understand what that means and how it motivates them, then it's pointless. Or at least that's how I look at it.

    But anyways, pen pals are fun. I've never really done the whole e-pen pal thing, just because I'm kind of old fashioned and like stamps, but I can totally identify with that feeling of connecting with someone on that level. When you take the time to write a letter or an e-mail, you actually have to sit down and think about what you're saying before you say it, or if you don't, you have the option of going back and changing it before you send. You just don't get that with IM and Twitter and the like.

    I read an article a while ago *goes to find it* where scientists studied the brain and found that it takes longer for feelings of compassion and admiration to register in the brain than it does some of the less noble emotions. I see this as only helping my argument for the use of letter writing. When you go a week or a month (or for that matter even a few hours) between communications, you have a lot of time to reflect on what's been said to you and understand where it's coming from.

    "Understanding leads to respect; respect leads to compassion; compassion leads to love for one another" - Tita Sicat, PhD

    I'm always saying the world could use a little more compassion in it.

    ReplyDelete